We’ve been working on a social-everything proof of concept recently, in collaboration with a firm that invented a powerful profile-matching algorithm.
This platform can take incomplete details for a contact, run off to Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook and other services, run some calculations and return with not only updated contact details, but also matched social media profiles.
Powerful stuff. And this becomes even more powerful when you start to think about what’s possible when integrated directly inside of WORK[etc]:
- Retrieve matching social media profiles for any contact that you have at least a name and an email address for. If you also have country information for that contact than the likelihood of a correct first match exponentially increases.
- Refresh contact details in WORK[etc], with details pulled from social media profiles. If your contact has changed jobs recently, your WORK[etc] record gets updated with that person’s new position and new employer (company).
- Attach a social media profile to your contact. If you’re working on a new sales lead and ready to make that first introduction phone call, simply click on the profile tab and instantly view their Linkedin Profile and latest tweets.
- Know who you are working with. Whether you’re collaborating on a project or a solving a support case, a simple review of your contacts’ profile page will tell if you they are the right person to be working with. For example, is my sales lead contact the decision maker? Is my project contact a manager or does her report to someone else?
- Create targeted marketing list. For example, with additional data from profile matching, you could create a list of all contacts that are not current customers, who hold a C-Level Executive position, in the Oil and Gas industries.
Is it Pretty?
Sure is … this is what searching and matching profiles looks like inside of WORK[etc]:
When can I have it?
The current beta and new tags update will go live for all customers in the last week of June. Shortly after we will have a very small beta release. Smaller than usual as this features won’t be available for all accounts for reasons’ explained here.
And remember, this is only phase 1. We have some very clever stuff planned for phases 2 and 3.
Anyone else keen for this? Let me know in the comments below.