The final major release this week is our update to G Suite Integration. Recently Google made some changes to their Apps Marketplace to improve security by migrating all access points to Oauth2, the introduction of Google+ Sign-in as a method for accessing Apps and a number of other behind-the-scenes changes.
Now, whilst this update was essentially a rewrite of the back end, we did take the opportunity to make some improvements and add some new features.
WORK[etc] for G Suite CRM v3.0
G Suite is a powerful suite of business tools built heavily around E-mail and Storage services for business. What the WORK[etc] deep integration does is allow you access WORK[etc] powerful business management and CRM tools inside of G Suite as well as accessing G Suite tools inside of your WORK[etc] account.
For example, you can:
- Access your Google Drive documents inside of WORK[etc]
- Sync your Google calendar with WORK[etc]’s calendar – great for getting project deadlines or sales events on your mobile calendars.
- Use the Gmail widget to turn any email into a new sales lead, update a project, assign a support case or create a new invoice sale.
- Sync contacts between WORK[etc] and Google Contacts, creating simple rules to identify personal contacts versus business contacts.
Without a doubt the most utilized G Suite tool is Gmail and with WORK[etc] Gmail widget, you can manage your entire business without ever leaving your inbox.
For example, with just a few clicks from inside of Gmail you can take any email and:
- update your project by attaching the email (and any attachment)
- create a new sales lead, attaching the original email and entering any notes
- create a new support ticket and assign to someone in your team to resolve
- simply attach the email and attachments to a contact record
- record a timesheet from an email or enter a new invoice item.
Aside from optimizing the code for performance, the big change here is that the Widget will no longer attempt to load details for every email. If you decide you do want to attach an item, then loading in the widget on that email is just one single click. If you think about the hundreds of emails you receive each week, you’ll only ever want to actually work with a handful and by not loading up the Widget on every email view, we’ve managed to speed up your Gmail client also.
If your business is not a current a G Suite customer, we recommend that you take a fresh look at the offering. We use G Suite internally at WORK[etc] and you can see how much the integration is appreciated just from the 246 certified 5-star reviews from our customers.
Available Now: Important Note for Existing G Suite Users
All G Suite Integrations, for all accounts have already been upgraded. The administrator of your WORK[etc] account would have received a confirmation email from G Suite as well as an email from ourselves. The last step that needs to be taken is for your G Suite account admin to Configure Global Security Settings. Please, if you struggle with this get straight in touch with our support team so that they can assist.
We’d love to hear how you’ve been using the G Suite + WORK[etc] Integration in your business – tell us in the comments for your chance at a re-tweet!