On Monday we rolled out the first batch of our massive user-experience refinement project.
As a reminder this project is stuffed full of all those tiny “niggly” bits you come across from time-to-time. Tiny issues that individually most people never notice, but collectively result in a poor experience for some people and of course additional support work for our team. This is our commitment to building the WORK[etc] business management software.
But because each issue is so small, it is all too easy to add it to a list that someone “will get to later”. Except of course that lists just keeps growing. Eliminate each issue, one-by-one and build a better project.
So what kind of stuff was in this release?
Thirty-one small user-experience improvements and a bunch of tiny new features:
- Pre Load Up To 50 Identities on Employee Contact Picker for quicker access
- All Contact Pickers across entire system are now identical and employ the smart search intelligence
- All major search fields now have a link to the “Create Saved View” screen to facilitate the use of the new feature
- Global search now has capability to specifically search for different data types (including addresses, phone numbers, etc) as well as standard search logic like wildcards, exact phrase searches and more
- Search filters now appear in single side panel instead of requiring “more options” screen pop out
- Corrected global search results when using Leads filter
- Improved wildcard search results
- Corrected wildcard search results for email address searches
- Fixed: adding deadlines to support cases works properly now
- New Feature: ability to delete email campaigns from email list view
- Corrected the wording displayed in the “duplicate project” options screen to say “Make me the creator of all duplicated items” instead of “Take ownership of duplicated items”
- Fixed: Custom fields now properly appear in all screen widths.
- New Feature: added options for resizing custom field groups
- Branch office phone numbers now also appear in branch listings tab as well as at top of Company Contact pages
- Added capability to include a column for “lead source” in lead table
- Fixed: “Mandatory” fields in Custom Field Groups are now properly enforced
- New Feature: Emails listed in activity history now display the TO: and FROM: information at the top for easy reference
- New Feature: Email composer in Support Cases has new button called “Send and Close” that closes the case upon sending the email
- New Feature: Capability to “quick add” phone numbers to contacts without using “Open in Full Edit View”
- New Feature: Added capability to sort by “Progress” in projects and support cases
- Fixed: Saved Views now properly filter for “Location” when applicable
- Updated projects so that deleting a Task (To Do) from within a project returns you to the project you were working on instead of to the Task List
- Email lists can now be sorted by column headers: List Name and Number of Subscribers
As I mentioned above, this is only the first batch we hundreds of improvements rolling out over the next month.
We’re now maintaining a regular Announcement Forum where all releases are announced prior to going live. If releases are important to you, then please definitely sign up for alerts at the forum. Otherwise the major stuff will always be announced on this blog and via email.
Here is an interesting infographic one of our customers started putting together for us. I’d love to collect some more examples. We just need the raw data and out designers will put it all together. Contact support @ worketc for more details and if we publish your story, expect $200 in Amazon Gift Vouchers to be sent your way.
We’re still looking for customer support people and .net/C# developers.