First look at Version 3 of WORK[etc]’s Android app
You've seen the preview for our upcoming iOS app release. Now, feast your eyes on Version 3 of WORK[etc]'s Android app. Pretty soon, you'll be enjoying a faster, cleaner, and more intuitive mobile app on your Android device. Read on for details.
A few weeks ago we unveiled the massive improvements we’re making in Version 3 of WORK[etc]’s mobile apps. That particular preview was geared more towards iOS users, though, so today we’re doing the same for Android users.
All of the performance enhancements we’re building into the iOS app are also present in the Android version. The navigation is more efficient, loading times are faster (at least ten times faster than the older version!), and the crisp, clean design is pure eye candy. The Android version actually looks better than the iOS app when we viewed it on a Samsung Galaxy S5!
The Android version is fast catching up to the iOS app, so we should have more news on a possible beta in a few weeks’ time. WORK[etc] Insiders will get first dibs on the beta (as well as any other future betas), so if you’re not one yet now’s a good time to sign up for our Insiders program.
For now, here’s a rundown of the features that come packed with the new and improved WORK[etc] app for Android.
- Create anything from new leads to support tickets from virtually anywhere in the app via the new side panel menu. Just swipe, tap, and you’re good to go.
- Get a quick view of what you’re working on and what you have scheduled via the new and improved dashboard.
- Further refine and filter search results with more advanced filtering options.
- The activity history feature has been overhauled, so you can now keep track of any contact’s activity including correspondence.
- The new project module will include both Activity View and Nest Tree View. Custom fields, which allow users to add and collect more niche and industry-specific information to objects in WORK[etc], are also in the Android version.
- Keep your discussions going even when you’re out of the office with the new Discussion feature brought over from the web app. This feature allows users to start and attach threaded, forum-style discussions to contacts, leads, projects, tasks, and more. No more email ping pong.
- Launch a timesheet from practically any screen. The feature is further enhanced with the new “Start / Stop” timer (which, by the way, is already in alpha).
- Snap a pic and attach it to a project. Very useful for when inspiration strikes while you’re out in the field or when you have to charge a receipt against an expense.
Android users, if we’ve missed anything for this next release (be it a fix, a feature, or whatever else), tell us. You can do so via the comments below or through our feature suggestions forum here.
By Daniel Barnett
Passionate about growing businesses? So am I. That's why I started WORK[etc] and with 1200 customers (and growing) our team of 22 uses WORK[etc] to manage WORK[etc].