Possibly by the end of next week we’ll be making available the first mobile beta – it will be generic mobile web interface and include contacts, calendar, timesheets and ToDo’s. As a reminder, this is our build strategy:
- Release the first 4 modules in beta as mobile optimized CSS. This means that whatever flavor phone you have, be it iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows 7 mobile you will be able to efficiently use WORK[etc] on your mobile.
- Whilst the first 4 modules are in beta, we’ll be developing the remaining 4 modules plus settings.
- Once the entire mobile CSS version is in beta, we’ll be building native iOS and native Android apps through to beta release
- As android/iOS is in beta, we’ll then double back and build the mobile CSS version through to release
- And then finish by pushing the native apps through to release. We may then start work on a Blackberry native app – just not sure yet – depends on demand.
Here are some developing screen shots:
Over the next 2 weeks:
- The first WORK[etc] mobile beta will be available to anyone game enough to try it out
- Recurring Tasks and Support Case Reminders will both be released
- Integration with Evernote will be launched into beta
- We’ll be starting work on Google Docs integration
- I’ll be writing Part II of our planned update to Sales & CRM
Sunrise over Bondi Beach @ 6:48am, 7:15am, 7:43am
WORK[etc] is very much a Micro Multinational – our customers, partners and staff all work remotely, all over the world.
And although we do have a North American focus with Geoff and Kevin residing in LA and Chicago respectively and maybe 80% of our customers in the States, I do spend most of my year in Sydney and specifically next to Bondi Beach.
This is how Bondi woke up today:
Lots to do…