We have some pretty big news for all WORK[etc] users who also use Outlook on a day-to-day basis: the latest iteration of the WORK[etc] Outlook plugin is now officially out of beta and available for download.
Note that the add-in is available only for the Windows desktop version of Outlook. It’s compatible with Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016.
For this release, we didn’t focus on any fancy but ultimately insubstantial new bells and whistles. Instead, we took a look at the underlying architecture of the plugin and remade it from the ground up. The result? A much more efficient and stable Outlook plugin than ever before.
One important new feature that we did add, though, is contact sync. Just like our Google Contacts CRM integration, the Outlook plugin now allows you to sync over your Outlook contacts to WORK[etc] and vice versa.
The contact sync feature in the Outlook plugin also has the same conflict resolution tool as our Google Contacts integration. You can quickly choose which contact detail changes to apply, which to discard, and whether you pull data from Outlook or WORK[etc].
To get the new Outlook plugin running and connected to WORK[etc], please follow the installation instructions below.
- First, you need to uninstall the old Outlook add-in from your computer. If you haven’t installed previous versions of the Outlook add-in before, proceed to step 3.
- To uninstall, just go to your Windows Control Panel, go to Add/Remove Programs, and remove the existing WORK[etc] Outlook Add-in.
- Next, download the installer for the new Outlook plugin. On your WORK[etc] account, go to Settings > Apps & Integrations and click the green “Install” button.
- You will be prompted to download a file called “worketcaddin.exe”. Do so.
- Once it’s finished downloading, run the file.
- Once the add-in is finished installing, fire up Outlook. You should be asked to login to your WORK[etc] account. Do so. If the login screen doesn’t automatically show up, click the green “Login” button on Outlook’s Home toolbar.
- You’re now ready to use the latest version of the WORK[etc] Outlook add-in!